Research Associate (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for higly motivated and hardworking Research Associate I/II for molecular biology and protein expression group to coordinate and perform activities required to generate high quality research grade material to support therapeutic programs
- Molecular Biology, Expression vector cloning and DNA sequencing
- Proficiency in DNA analysis softwares like Vector NTI SNAPGENE etc.
- ddPCR and qPCR based quantitation of AAV samples
- Protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Excellent record keeping abilities and accurate documentation of experiments in ELN
- Writing protocols and presenting data in project and team meetings
- Communicate and collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Compliance with the lab safety proecedures
- Training opportunities will be available for additional technqiues
The suitable candidate will have following experience/skills:
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in laboratory setting
- Demonstrable experience of molecular biology techniques
- Practical knowledge of DNA purification and working knowledge of softwares like SNAPGENE and Vector NTI
- Experience with protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document data
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in the laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills and independent, multi-tasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
Minimum requirement BS in Biology or Biochemistry and 2-4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.