Research Associate II (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class or best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The position is for an entry level Research Associate II or a higher level Research Associate I
- AAV production via mammalian and insect cell platforms
- Bioreactor and shake flask culturing of suspension cells over a range of scales (20mL-50L)
- Maintenance of multiple cell lines and product-producing cultures
- Harvest treatment and initial clarification of AAV product
- Product analytics a plus: ddPCR, Octet, CP ELISA, alkaline gel, etc
- Accurately and diligently record data
- Presentation of experimental results in group setting
- Ordering of required reagents, consumables, etc.
- Regular laboratory maintenance and upkeep
- Aseptic Technique, precision pipetting
- Bioreactor operation
- Operation and maintenance of lab instruments: Nova FLEX2, Vi-cell; Octet, plate reader, gel apparatus, etc. a plus
- Troubleshooting of unexpected issues that arise during processes and procedures
- Ability to keep track of, prioritize and balance multiple ongoing projects
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Rigorous and diligent documentation
- Organization with respect to projects as well as the work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Degree in biological sciences or a related field. Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.