Research Associate II / SRA I, Translational Biology, Histologic TechniquesLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Translational Biology department at BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is seeking to hire a highly motivated individual at the Research Associate or Senior Research Associate level. The ideal candidate would provide analytical support and work closely with a group of committed scientists to bring exciting new therapies to the clinic. Applicants should have experience in basic histologic techniques, immunohistochemical assays, in situ hybridization assays, mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy, imaging and image analysis. The ideal candidate for this position should be highly motivated, think critically, able to work both independently as well as collaborate with a team on a regular basis. In addition, the candidate should possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Performing Immunohisotchemical and In Situ Hybridization Assays
- Performing basic histologic techniques (including but not limited to): Fixation, Embedding, Sectioning, and Staining
- Epifluorescence and Confocal Microscopy
- Image Analysis
- Assay development and trouble-shooting.
- Performing mammalian cell line maintenance and cell based assays.
- Execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Good critical thinking and attention to details are required.
- Experience performing Immunohisotchemical Assays
- Experience with Microscopy
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Experience performing In Situ Hybridization Assays
- Experience using image analysis software: Visiopharm, Image J, Volocity, etc.
- Experience with assay development
Level / Title Guide with Education:
Research Associate 2:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 1:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.