Research Associate II / Senior Research Associate, Gene TherapyLocation San Rafael, California Apply
Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Gene Therapy Group at BioMarin Pharmaceutical is currently recruiting exceptional individuals at the Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate level. Successful candidates will join a dynamic interdisciplinary group which will develop and commercialize the major gene therapeutics for several genetic diseases. Applicants should have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field, be experts in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry. Experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques and purification are particularly desirable. Viral-based vector biology, virology, gene therapy, protein expression analysis are desirable knowledge/experience areas but not required. Teamwork, individual-initiative, and meticulous recordkeeping using electronic data capture systems (ELN) are essential.
- This position is to support vector application development projects.
- Cell culture based assays and vector production
- Molecular biology – cloning, sequence analysis,NGS, PCR, qPCR
- Protein biology/ chemistry – ELISA, Western blot
- Execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Assay development experience
- Cell culture work – multiple cell lines
- Molecular biology – DNA isolation, primer design, PCR, Gibson assembly, nucleic acid purification
- Protein biology/ chemistry – ELISA, Western
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Gene therapy experience is a plus but not required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques. Assay development experience. Strong organization skills and computer skills.
Research Associate 2:
Bachelors degree and at least 4 years; Masters degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Sr. Research Associate 1:
Bachelors degree and at least 6 years; Masters degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.