Research Associate I (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Equipment maintenance management
- Schedule and preform decontamination/calibration of all Incubators. Maintain water levels between service dates and respond to maintenance needs
- Schedule and preform freezer thaws for all -20 and -80 freezers. Coordinate any maintenance and repairs as needed
- Decontaminate and maintain water levels of all water baths
- Manage Auto Stainer solutions
- Assist and escort vendors when preforming installation, PM and repairs of equipment
- Glassware management
- Pick up used glassware from labs and run it through glass wash
- Restock glassware in labs as needed
- Pick up, autoclave, and return requested items to users
- Prepare and maintain levels of buffers in assigned labs
- Facilities Support
- Build relationship with the facilities team
- Submit and manage ongoing service request for all misc. items throughout the building
- Assist with lab improvement projects
- General Lab Support
- Support lab as needed
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials and equipment.
- Must be able to perform procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Great communication skills (written and oral) and excellent follow skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to build and maintain rapport and trust with a diverse population of people as well as internal colleagues and peers.
- Ability to balance a broad range of organizational needs with appropriate attention to detail and focus on assigned tasks.
- Ability to handle operations issues in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused attitude, excellent judgement .
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- 1+ years of experience in Operations in a laboratory environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.