Research Associate, Delivery Solutions (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Biology Research department at BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented individual at the Research Associate level. As part of the Delivery Solutions Team, the successful candidate will drive scientific innovation using mammalian tissue culture techniques and assay development expertise to enable quality research. Through internal and external partnerships, the Delivery Solutions Team optimizes current drug-delivery technologies and evaluates new platforms (nanoparticles, prodrugs, protein conjugates) to more efficiently deliver therapies to target tissues and systems.
This bench-focused position will assist in the generation and evaluation of delivery technologies by developing and executing cell-based assays to interrogate drug-delivery via a variety of methodologies (fluorescence microscopy, ELISA, cell tox., etc.). The successful candidate will have broad experience with sterile cell culture techniques and cell-based assays. This position offers a unique career opportunity to work on diverse projects from exploratory research through late stage programs in a variety of indications. Correspondingly, there will be extensive opportunities to learn new skills and techniques as project needs arise. The successful candidate will be curious and motivated to approach each challenge as a new learning opportunity while applying their detail-oriented mindset to generate high-quality data and drive projects forward. The candidate will interact with all facets of Research and Early Development to advance our most promising research programs for rare diseases.
This Research Associate position will report to a Scientist in the Delivery Solutions team and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of this team in a growing biotech company.
- Develop, execute, and analyze cell-based assays to interrogate drug delivery in cell models
- Assist in the generation of bioconjugates for delivery strategies
- Prepare SOPs and other documents such as data reports for testing results.
- Participate and present data as a member of Delivery Solutions Team and share responsibility for project milestones.
- Participate in scientific meetings and report findings to the broader research community.
- Detail oriented, organized, and experienced bench scientist
- Comfortable with data analysis tools (Excel, GraphPad, SpotFire, etc.)
- Experienced in mammalian tissue culture and sterile technique
- Prior experience in assay development in medium throughput formats (96, 384-well plates)
- Experience with a variety of cell-based assay readouts is desirable (fluorescence microscopy, ELISA, WB, flow cytometry, cell toxicity assays, etc.)
- Automated liquid handling experience is a plus (Agilent Bravo or other)
- Experience with bioconjugations is a plus
Preferred: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Chemical Biology or related fields. Established field of expertise in cell biology, assay development, bioconjugations, or similar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.