Research Associate 2 / Senior Research Associate 1, Biology ResearchLocation San Rafael, California Apply
The mission of the Biology Research group is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. We help provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics..
TheResearch Associate 2 / Senior Research associate1 will partner closely with a team of scientists to provide technical assistance and support.The successful candidate will contribute to 2-3 different pre-clinical research projects to assess pharmacokinetics efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Receive, organize and process animal tissue samples such as the preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Utilize molecular biology techniques including qPCR and ddPCR.
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Contribute to data analysis and present results in group meetings.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist withlab organizationas needed.
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification and analytical assays such as PCR, ELISA and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols and perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Research Associate 2:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 1:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.