ReceptionistLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
This role will be based in BioMarin's corporate offices in San Rafael, CA. The Receptionist is the main point of contact for all visitors on BioMarin’s San Rafael campus.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Route in-coming phone calls
- Greet guests and check-in visitors
- Act as point person for general inquiries
- Coordinate schedule for onsite massage
- Send out entertainment raffle invites, maintain spreadsheet, and forward tickets to winners
- Alert employees of FDA inspections and clear necessary conference rooms
- Assemble and distribute interview folders for SRC and Novato locations
- Process and place business cards orders
- Point person for charging station access
- Point person to reserve conference rooms
- Forward janitorial and maintenance requests
- Re-route or notify recipients of incoming deliveries
- Assist with miscellaneous internal request
- Re-stock the executive kitchen
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize without guidance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.