Project AdministratorLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Project Administrator’s primary responsibilities are to provide high-level administrative coordination for the Translational Sciences Operations Group and Early Development Teams (EDTs), and general infrastructure maintenance and improvements in support of the Translational Sciences Organization as a whole. The successful candidate will proactively and efficiently coordinate EDT events and meetings, assist in slide creation, input critical data into a variety of business systems to maintain and further develop the business infrastructure of the Translational Sciences organization, generate metric reports as required, and other tasks as assigned. The Project Administrator independently identifies inefficiencies and creates new systems and processes to improve the infrastructure of the organization and remove barriers to efficiency for those supported. This role will interact with individuals both internal and external to Translational Sciences, including but not limited to: Executive Coordinators for Research and Early Development (RED), Early Development Team (EDT) Project Management, Translational Sciences staff, Business Analyst, Caterers and Vendors.
- Coordinates and schedules all Translational Sciences Review Committee (TSRC) governance meetings and slide preparation with EDT Project Management, Research and Early Development (RED) Executive Coordinators, and subject-matter-experts (SMEs). Manages aspects of team reporting and documentation
- Provides critical data entry and quality-checks for a variety of business systems (e.g.: Master Schedule, SharePoint lists)
- Manages SharePoint Team Communication Sites
- Serves as primary Document Content Site Permissions Manager (Knowledge Manager/KM) for a variety of systems
- Maintains accurate RED staff lists, organizational charts, email distribution lists, document and systems, QReserve
- Manages new administrative systems and access technologies to improve infrastructure of the Translational Sciences organization
- Create QReserve accounts to reserve lab instruments
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with sensitive materials and files
- Event coordination for the EDTs and TSOPs, including meetings, team celebrations, Holiday parties, community building activities, and off-site events
- Remove administrative obstacles Other special assignments and duties
- Minimum 3-5 years’ coordinator and/or administrative experience
- Coordinate and work with other departments in a collaborative manner
- Proficiency in planning team and department events by brainstorming and implementing event concepts and themes, researching and booking venues, organizing suppliers, caterers and entertainment, and coordinating all logistical elements of the event
- Demonstrate task planning and coordination abilities, including a proven ability and flexibility to execute a variety of tasks and projects under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to foster and maintain professional relationships with internal colleagues in order to accomplish the given tasks
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat experience is essential
- Require minimal supervision on assignments and routine tasks
- Knowledge of, or experience with OneNote, SharePoint, Power BI, Concur
- Data entry
Minimum/Required: High School diploma required. College degree highly preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.