Program Manager, Corporate CommunicationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Program Manager, Corporate Communications will manage external and internal communications projects globally, supporting a broad range of communications initiatives that are directed by executive members of the Corporate Communications team. The Program Manager will partner closely with stakeholders across the company and across regions to ensure that the execution of external and internal communications activities is aligned with overarching direction and goals of the Corp. Comms. team. This role requires a candidate with general corporate communications experience in both external and internal projects; is a strong verbal and written communicator; is results-oriented; and is skilled in being very hands-on and tactical in order to successfully execute on a variety of corporate communications priorities.
- Project management of corporate communications programs which includes executing on and managing a global calendar of external and internal communications projects and activities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate communications strategies on strategic corporate and business initiatives and milestones, with the goal of establishing and maintaining a favorable reputation with key stakeholders.
- Manage social media campaigns that support overall corporate communications efforts. Work with PR agency to develop editorial calendars, secure internal review/approval of calendar, monitor site to confirm social content is posted, and monitor for unusual activity and escalate as needed according to set protocol. Manage local community outreach programs working closely with key internal stakeholders to prioritize grants and sponsorships. Create schedule of grant giving/sponsorships for the year. Quantify contributions to the community that can be shared publicly.
- Oversee the BioMarin corporate website redesign that allows for regional and country websites, establish governance program for website, and manage and execute monthly editorial calendar for website. Keep website current and update quarterly or as needed.
- Keep crisis portal up-to-date and monitor activity on portal to identify emerging issues.
- Partner with external social media manager on Commercial team to manage and guide social media content, channels and storytelling techniques, particularly as they relate to external audiences
- Execute and manage corporate events and meetings for external and internal audiences
- Partner with PR and communications agencies to support external and internal communications efforts
- Provide operational support of day to day foundational programs and projects of Corporate Communication
- BA/BS science, liberal arts or communications
- 2-4 years minimum of relevant experience, preferred experience in the life sciences for a publicly traded company(ies) Believes that work can be fun and enjoys a work environment where you take your job seriously, but not yourself
- A team player, someone who believes and practices that a group working together can accomplish more than any individual
- Intellectually curious and open to new ways of doing things, perpetual learner
- Loves to do what has never been done before and not afraid to fail trying
- Finds creative ways to accomplish goals through collaboration and influence
- Proven skill in external and internal communications for the life sciences
- Proven ability to leverage innovative technology and digital/social strategies to support external and internal communications goals
- High level of professionalism and confidence to work effectively with employees from various levels of the organization, including functional managers, research scientists and the general employee population
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership.
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Fluent with Microsoft Office suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,).
- VP, Corporate Communications
- Executive Director, Internal Communications
- Director, EUMEA Corporate Communications
- Director, Product/Scientific Communications
- Various, Chandler Chicco Agency (PR agency)
- Commercial product teams
- Make substantive and meaningful contributions to corporate communications strategy, advancing beyond tactical execution and management of projects and initiatives to helping set overarching strategic direction and plans
- Demonstrate independence in spearheading new projects, initiatives, and relationships with external and internal stakeholders, functioning without consistent guidance and direction from Corp. Comms. senior leaders