BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin develops and commercializes innovative products for serious rare diseases and medical conditions. The North America Brand Management organization supports this corporate vision through developing and implementing brand strategies that drive growth while supporting the core BioMarin values of patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning.
The Product Manager helps develop and execute marketing strategy and tactics for North America to support awareness and early diagnosis of MPS disorders and increase adoption and long-term use of VIMIZIM for Morquio A and Naglazyme for MPS VI.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical marketing, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate in a thriving team environment.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong sense of urgency to get things done
- Must be a disciplined individual who embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable taking initiative in a nimble and growing commercial organization.
- Ability to fluently interface with different personality types and departments
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must.
Works with Associate Director, MPS Marketing, North America to:
- Support development of brand plan and budget for marketing tactics, likely working on a mix of patient and HCP tactics
- Develop and implement patient communications, programs and insights, including patient advisory and patient advocacy group programs.
- Plan and execute external-facing activities such as ad boards, speaker events, and conferences.
- Manage programs and budgets with marketing agency and other vendors.
- With brand management team, develop and manage e-marketing strategies and online presence: disease awareness website and product website, advertising, webinars, social media initiatives, and other media.
- Implement and monitor KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Partner with Field/Sales Training to gather insights/input and deliver high-impact materials.
- Coordinate with Operations team to manage weekly Compliance/Legal/Medical reviews for new/updated promotional materials
- Member of cross-functional North America LSD Brand Management team, partnering closely with other team members to ensure cohesive and targeted messages, plans and tactics.
- Maintain a working understanding of essential disease- and product-related knowledge for the brands
- 3-5 years professional experience required
- 2 years related marketing experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Industry sales experience beneficial, but not required.
- Orphan drug experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent project management, attention to detail and executional experience is a must have.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Solid business skills and a good understanding of the US pharmaceutical market
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.