PKU Franchise Lead – Global Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Brand Management Team includes the PKU Franchise with Kuvan and Palynziq (launched in 2018 in US and approved in EU in 2019) and a compound in gene therapy BMN 307 in pre-clinical; the lysosomal storage disorder (LSD) franchise (including Naglazyme for MPS VI, VIMIZIM for Morquio A, Brineura for CLN2 Disease); a launch phase program for the treatment of achondroplasia; and commercial leadership for our early stage programs.
PKU, a rare metabolic disorder that can lead to serious neurological consequences, has been a bedrock for BioMarin for more than 15 years.
The PKU Franchise Lead will oversee the success of the franchise maximizing the portfolio which includes Kuvan® and the generic entrance on the market, a first for BioMarin in PKU, global uptake of Palynziq with focus on adolescents, readiness for its investigational gene therapy BMN 307 and strategy continuation for potential compound for pediatric opportunity.
The PKU Franchise Lead is responsible for strategically leading the global marketing and commercialization efforts and setting the long-term vision for the PKU franchise in close partnership with Regions and cross -functional colleagues. This position includes: consolidating and evolving the PKU franchise strategy; executing global product and disease marketing programs and events; being a champion for the brands across the commercial functions and the broader organization; successfully address Kuvan generic entrance and co-positioning of Palynziq and BMN 307, while supporting the potential development of a compound for pediatric opportunity.
Demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done with a team spirit are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in a growing commercial organization. The PKU Franchise Lead must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be a self-starter, goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate internal cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies.
The Lead will report into the VP of Global Brand Management and be part of the Global Brand Management Leadership Team
- Manage brands through the evolution of their lifecycle; including franchise/brand co-positioning, influencing lifecycle management and market access strategies.
- Lead Global Brand Team meetings through close collaboration with (4) regional teams worldwide and internal cross-functional groups (Medical Affairs, Compliance, Regulatory, Development, Product Portfolio Management, Legal, Tops)
- Drive Franchise long success and history of bringing transformational therapies to market. Manage ongoing generics entrance challenges, foster uptake or launch of Palynziq and readiness for BMN 307 and ensuring global strategies and tactics are well aligned with regional needs and priorities
- Lead global long-term strategic planning and brand planning, create and manage to operational budget annually
- Provides strategic direction on LRP forecasts, budgets and overall resources for franchise
- Provide expert guidance and leadership on the commercial potential and market landscape to core teams and executive leadership, informing strategies such as medical plans, market access initiatives, and life cycle plans.
- Global Marketing execution, including maintaining brand ID, global positioning, global messaging, and execution of global marketing tactics while also supporting (from a strategic brand perspective) regional execution of regional tactics
- Responsible for identifying, developing and managing key global marketing activities such as advocacy, disease education, advisory board meetings, scientific messaging, congress presence, and KOL management and development plans, and appropriate input into publication plan.
- Represent commercial organization through the Brand leads (2) on the product Core Team within Product Portfolio Department to maximize current and future franchise/product value.
- Working closely with market access to provide input and support for global value messaging and dossier.
- Develops and manage a cost center budget to support the needs and resources required to manage the function and programs
- Manage and support career growth of direct reports
- 10+ years of professional marketing experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals
- Track record of leadership success interacting at all levels of a matrix organization, cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead and grow direct reports
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Operates quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Rare disease experience
- Pre-launch and product launch experience
- Global and regional marketing experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals
- Experience interacting with key opinion leaders and patient advocacy groups
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business or life sciences
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.