Pipeline Commercialization Summer MBA InternLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Pipeline Commercialization team leads commercial planning and market preparation activities for BioMarin’s pipeline programs by providing objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, customers and competitors. The Pipeline Commercialization team identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth around the world, collaborates with commercial/cross-functional teams, and drives strategies to set the direction for the products. For our pipeline programs, Pipeline Commercialization partners with development teams, leads commercial strategic development, and executes pre-launch tactics.
The Pipeline Commercialization summer intern will work on 1 major project and 1-2 minor projects over the 3-month internship. Projects will be matched with the candidate’s skills and interests. Projects may include specific market assessments and market conditioning work for pipeline programs (Achondroplasia, Sanfilippo, Hemophilia, Hemoglobinopathies, and Friedreich's Ataxia).
Example projects include:
- Assessment of new diagnostic tools, technologies, and platforms for orphan diseases and potential adoption by key specialties
- Business rationale and implementation approach of newborn screening for disease areas of interest to BioMarin
- Assessment of market opportunity and treatment landscape to support pre-clinical programs
- Provide strategic planning and market assessments to support business development opportunities
Skills the intern will gain:
This internship experience will provide valuable perspective into global strategic planning for pipeline products. The intern will develop skills such as forecasting, market opportunity assessment, physician and patient engagement, competitive intelligence, and analog research.
- 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology, consulting or marketing experience
- Strategic, analytical, proactive, collaborative and displays strong communication skills
- MBA student with a demonstrated interest/focus in healthcare or marketing
- MBA/MPH type program a plus
- BS in life sciences or economics preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.