Nurse Clinical CoordinatorLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
Commercial Ops Global
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) is a field based Registered Nurse responsible for educating clinics/staff, home infusions RN’s, and patients/caregivers with disease and BioMarin product-related education for FDA-approved medications to ensure on-label use and adequately represent the safety profile for the prescribed products.
The role requires collaboration with various internal and external teams, including: working closely with assigned metabolic clinics and infusion centers, BioMarin field sales organization, and RareConnections hub personnel to ensure timely and safe infusions as well as providing disease management education.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse with prior pharmaceutical industry experience in a similar role either directly with a manufacturer or with a contract organization acting as an agent for a manufacturer.
- Provide customers (Health Care Professionals, Specialty Pharmacies, Home Infusion personnel, Contract RN’s, etc.) with infusion training, education, and clinical in-services on our products in collaboration with sales representatives. Provide re-training as necessary. Facilitate, organize, and deliver educational materials to HCPs, when required.
- Completes administrative reports and projects in a timely fashion. Consistently and accurately documents appropriate site/contact information in our salesforce.com database.
- Provide continuing infusion education and disease awareness, both live and via web conference, to RN’s responsible for existing clients infusing BioMarin Products.
- Works in partnership with regional commercial team members and demonstrates consistent teamwork with accounts and patients.
- Works collaboratively with Account Team members (MPS Specialists and Case Managers) in the development of patient focused plans including: patient education on medication therapies and treatments, potential side effects, and issues regarding compliance management related to infusions.
- Implements coordinated plans with the patient for addressing compliance-related issues. Assists in addressing individual patient barriers to optimal health. Develops strategies and tactics to address barriers with in collaboration with sales representatives. Participates in account team calls.
- Actively participate in appropriate BioMarin and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Maintains expertise through continuing medical and scientific education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, preceptorships, and review of key journals, and successful completion of internal training programs.
- Builds strong internal relationships with colleagues in all cross-functional groups including, but not limited to, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Patient Advocacy, Patient and Product Services, and Science divisions while always maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Acts in compliance to company policies, including abiding by all Office of Prescription Drug Promotion guidelines through the Promotional Review Board (PRB) Review Process.
- Utilizes professional communication to foster strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Must be able to travel extensively (50% – 75%).
- Clinical nursing: Five + years infusion nursing or in specialty area with direct patient care experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with delivering training, education and clinical in-services on products in collaboration with sales organizations.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and excellent follow up skills.
- Possesses good communication skills, written and oral.
- Good decision making, problem solving and judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Healthcare experience required, RN.
- Infusion nursing experience or CNRI certification, highly desired.
- Bilingual is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.