Material Handler, Supply Chain I (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Material Handlers in the Warehouse department are responsible for the proper warehousing and inventory maintenance of GMP raw materials, components and supplies. Material Handlers will perform GMP warehousing duties, maintain accurate inventory records, and transport GMP raw materials, components, supplies and essential in-process related solutions from the central warehouse to the appropriate manufacturing facilities. Provide assistance with shipping of Approved Final Bulk Drug Substance to contract filling locations. Provide assistance with shipping of Clinical material to outside sites as required.
- Receive and warehouse GMP raw materials, components and supplies per established SOP’s
- Transport and distribute approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies to the designated manufacturing facilities
- Transport all GMP in-process solutions to and from the designated manufacturing facilities
- Maintain accurate inventory records for approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies
- Perform cycle counts of approved GMP material inventory as assigned
- Compliance with EH&S safety guidelines, especially those directly related to the operation of warehousing equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts
- Assist with the shipping of Approved Final Bulk Drug Substance to contract filling sites
- Assist with the shipping of Clinical materials to outside sites as required
Assist with other tasks as required
- Forklift experience/license helpful
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license
- Drive 16'- 24' cargo trucks
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform essential job functions within a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- High School diploma required
- Working knowledge of desktop computers essential
Completed High School (Diploma or GED)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.