Master Data Associate (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company-wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Master Data Associate assists users with identifying and compiling their master data requirements to support business needs. Reviews user-submitted Oracle data requests and reconciles to applicable, established Master Data Management standards and policies. Identifies and facilitates or assists with resolution of any related conflicts or issues. Coordinates &/or performs data entry into Oracle business systems, &/or it's independent secondary verification, if required. Creates, develops and maintains "smart" Oracle Data Templates for compilation, review & approval of data. Assists with investigation and resolution of Oracle data-related Help Desk requests. Processes Oracle Item Number requests, maintains related data tables and monitors subsequent submission of Oracle Item Master templates, and their assigned number progression through Track Wise Change Control system &/or their entry into Oracle. Assists in creation and maintenance of department SOPs and procedural references.
- Reviews user-submitted data requests to assess completeness and applicable data standards.
- Execute TrackWise action assignments and user submitted data request forms or smart data templates.
- Performs manual data entry and on-going maintenance of Oracle ERP systems master data. Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Item Master
- Vendor Master
- Process Item Number Request forms, assign, record and monitor progression of item numbers issued. Generate notices of delayed progress or cancellations
- Create or maintain currency of existing GMP and departmental SOPs and procedural work instructions or references.
- Provide assistance and support to Help Desk and users in the investigation and resolution of data-related issues or problems.
- Coordinate meetings, to resolve issues, or to discuss and help facilitate adoption of new or revised data management standards or policies. Provides documentation of meeting minutes and action assignments.
- Assist in the development, generation and web page posting of department metrics.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of "master data clean-up" activities in collaboration with business or Master Data Management Project initiatives.
- Experience working in Finance or supply chain management functional areas.
- Experience in continuous or batch process manufacturing, biopharma or other regulated industry preferred.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong computer and typing skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy is extremely important
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage Item Master, Vendor Master in ERP applications
- Programming skills or experience a plus but not considered essential
0 – 2 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree, in Life Sciences, Business, Finance or other technical fields. APICS certification highly desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.