Manager, Patient Access ServicesLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Manager, Patient Access Services
BioMarin develops and commercializes innovative products for serious rare diseases and medical conditions. The Patient Access Services (PAS) team designs and develops patient services/HUB programs and services to support the needs of patients with rare diseases. The PAS team works cross-functionally within BioMarin and externally with our patient services/HUB operations.
A few core overarching team responsibilities are described below:
• Strategic planning and oversight of HUB operations
• Manage and support access to therapy of all commercially available products
• Monitor and provide options for individual patient coverage
• Address financial barriers to therapy via financial assistance programs, e.g.,patient assistance programs, branded co-pay programs
• Support efforts that enhance the ‘patient journey’ from diagnosis to long-term adherence via execution and pull through
In addition, the PAS team has oversight of third-party Hub Operations and various internal/external stakeholders. The interactions may include sales, field clinical support, managed markets, marketing, commercial operations, compliance, home infusion vendors, patient assistance providers and specialty pharmacies. These critical interactions add a level of complexity that requires the candidate to manage various expectations and solve problems across a continuum of requirements.
Manager of Patient Access Services will be responsible for organizing activities and initiatives for the PAS team. The Manager will be tasked with implementing programs to support the team’s/organization's strategic direction to achieve goals. This role will also be responsible for developing operating plans for programs and pull through of HUB operations and general patient support programs.
• Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
• Be responsible for tactical pull through of PAS plans.
• Manage work load to achieve short- and long-term goals.
• Execute operating plans for the variety of programs.
• Execute an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams that have a diverse array of talents, perspectives and responsibilities.
• Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety and quality.
• Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
• Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and direction of plans.
• Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
• Bachelor degree required, additional certification/education a plus
• Minimum 3 years work experience in/with patient services/hub operations/
general commercial operations.
• Flexible and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Proven stakeholder management skills and execution of plans in coordination
with cross-functional partners.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Have a project management mindset and familiarity with and project
• This position reports to the Patient Access Services, PKU Director
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.