Manager, Operations (Global Procurement, Procure to Pay)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s Global Finance organization supports our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives!
The Global Procurement Operations Manager will oversee the policies, procedures, systems, people and operations that support vendor management and indirect procurement activities worldwide. You will focus on developing best-in-class practices that support the source-to-pay lifecycle. As a member of our team, you'll find innovative ways to manage complex transactions and business scenarios. You thrive on making processes more efficient, scalable and focused on helping business partners get work done. You will work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and proactively minimize operational risk.
You will understand our overall corporate and functional direction and implement vendor management and procurement processes and systems that support core business objectives and ensure compliance and efficiency. You will collaborate closely with nearly every department at BioMarin as you’ll be the “face of procurement” and manage the go-to team for all things related to requisitions, purchase orders, vendor management, and reporting. You will lead a global team of Buyers and Analysts who aim to deliver best in class service to our internal employees and external vendors.
- Assess, develop and implement process improvement initiatives for the Indirect Procurement and Vendor Management processes, including hands-on project management of process and system improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable, Accounting, Finance, Compliance, Sourcing, Direct Procurement and other stakeholders to identify and implement end-to-end procurement/vendor management process improvements
- Assist in the design and enhancement of company-wide policies and standard procedures to facilitate efficient and effective procurement activities and systems.
- Analyze opportunities for improving the P2P process globally and develop a roadmap of future enhancements
- Manage our outsourced provider who processes purchase orders by ensuring optimal service levels across cost, productivity, and quality
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards, metrics and KPIs to analyze data and proactively surface issues, suggestions and inferences
- Assess the training needs of end users, develop/enhance training materials, and deliver effective training programs
- Review and approve the Procurement Standard Operating Procedures
- Update and maintain the Procurement internal website and content library
- Maintain proper SOX/SOD/internal controls and documentation
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Accounting or Business related field
- Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field
- Deep understanding of the Procure to Pay process, specifically requisition to purchase order
- Experience in managing vendor setups, maintenance and data
- Advanced knowledge and experience using procurement systems (Oracle iProcurement)
- Expert in reporting and analytics
- Advanced knowledge and experience using reporting/analytics tools (Excel, Macros, OBIEE, Power BI, Tableau)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role will partner with many different stakeholders globally
- A "can do" attitude - ready to provide possible solutions in what is a dynamic and evolving environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.