Manager, Next Generation FinanceLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Through its 25 years of focus on patient needs, BioMarin has emerged as a leading, fully integrated global biopharma with approximately $2 billion in revenues from over 75 countries, a robust R&D pipeline, operating profits, and world-class technical capabilities through its 3,000 global employees. BioMarin leadership now desires to optimize the efficiency and scalability of its operations for the future through its next phase of growth. One critical step forward includes the recent launch of our “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) initiative, which reflects a significant investment and a commitment to transforming the way we work. An effective ERP will enable the streamlined design of end-to-end processes and provide faster, more accurate flow of information to meet the needs of a maturing and growing organization.
By transforming our foundation for all operations company-wide, BioMarin’s Finance function strives to develop a Next Generation Finance strategy, that embraces innovative and industry-leading practices like Global Business Service models, digitally integrated value chains, and cross-functional process and data governance frameworks. The Manager of Next Generation Finance will play a key role in supporting the success of our Financial Operations, ERP program, and the development of the operational strategies needed to shape and optimize our future business service delivery model(s).
This Manager will require a strong understanding of program management in the areas of global business services, particularly those that cover critical end-to-end process areas like: Record-to-Report, Order-to-Cash, Source-to-Pay, Hire-to-Retire, FP&A, Treasury and Tax. They’ll be able to work cross-functionally to identify understand competing priorities and help global stakeholders across the organization realize the measurable business value that comes from aligning on optimal ways of working. The manager will have demonstrated capacity to manage multiple cross functional projects within a dynamic, fast-paced organization. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of strong project management skills and delivering against tight deadlines. Candidates with GBS/SSC or consulting experience who are highly creative, analytical, process-oriented, adept, and strategic, are encouraged to apply.
- Supports the administration of Next Generation Finance program, enabling the success of our ERP initiative, and the execution of our multi-year portfolios to drive a long-term optimization of our operating service delivery models.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, identifying risks/dependencies and milestones, and change management needs/impacts, organizational readiness, and training plans.
- Provide data analysis, reporting, and visualizations, working in partnerships with key stakeholders, as well as monitoring operational KPIs and team performance
- Act as the point of contact between different departments functions within BMRN and other relevant parties on day-to-day program execution of tasks, deliverables, resourcing, and quality control.
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g., benchmark data and & industry trends) to derive insights that will drive process transformation. Facilitate discussions, surveys, focus groups, and workshops to articulate vision, understand stakeholder needs, and gather input
- Partner closely with subject-matter experts to design optimal solutions to transform our global Finance/G&A service operations based on leading practices, shared services/GBS models, effective ways of working, continuous improvement methodologies, and the unique needs of our cross-functional business partners.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with global, functional, and regional teams on analytical, operational, and planning initiatives. Work cross-functionally to ensure a global perspective and that all regulatory and financial control requirements are of top priority.
- Help our business partners understand, evaluate, respond to and adopt process, governance, and organizational design changes that provide new more optimal ways to meet their needs
- 5+ years program management experience with large and complex system and business transformation related projects (i.e., projects enabling global business service/shared service models, end-to-end process redesign with multiple cross-functional impacts and stakeholder groups, end user and business process change management, in a global ERP landscape).
- A background in Finance and customer-centric operations, and strong knowledge of Accounting Practices and key business process/transactional areas, including Order-to-Cash, Record-to-Report, Source-to-Pay, Hire-to-Retire, FP&A, Treasury and Tax
- Functional experience working in relevant ERP platforms (preference for SAP ECC or SAP S/4 HANA either as a user or as part of an ERP implementation)
- Demonstrated the ability to:
- manage meetings in an efficient and organized fashion, tracking actions items and sending status reports
- effectively lead cross-functional stakeholders and proactively surface and address issues
- utilize, support, and manage centralized governance frameworks
- collaborate effectively with teammates inside and outside the Finance team in a global setting; time zone management is essential with scheduling meetings
- influence team members in a matrixed organization
- ask clarifying questions, identify new tasks and their owners, drive to dates
- anticipate data, process, schedule, or technical related problems
- Possess the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Proactive approach to organizing and planning project activities and keeping project members on task
- Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential, specifically with managing milestones and setting expectation of roles and responsibilities of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access, and Project
- Virtual 3 days a week
- Onsite in San Rafael, CA 2 days a week: Tuesdays & Thursdays
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 103,900 to $ 155,900 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.