Manager, Marketing OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Marketing Operations Manager role provides overall support for the marketing team’s operational functions. This role partners with franchise team leads to discuss strategy and tactical planning, whiteboard key initiatives, and review materials, mock-ups, and comps in hard copy form.
The Manager works closely with the marketing team to obtain answers to outstanding questions. Thus, the Marketing Operations Manager must have the ability to ask questions and engage in dialogue early on in the approval process, as well as in strategic problem-solving with the team.
Other specific functions include the following:
- Coordinate the translation of marketing materials to multiple languages through translation vendors.
- Work with external creative agencies to have materials ready for field use.
- Work with other marketing managers to develop, execute, and manage ongoing marketing projects and campaigns.
- Collaborate with international teams to effectively and efficiently share production-ready promotional materials and to develop global marketing strategies (if applicable).
- Define project budgets while guiding cost-saving measures; manage monthly accruals and reconciliation, ensuring expenses stay within project budget.
- Lead and facilitate the corporate review process for promotional materials (PRB).
This includes leading the weekly PRB team meeting, transcribing comments for all pieces reviewed by the committee, sending out meeting agenda to the PRB committee 3 days prior to the meeting, and working with regulatory and legal personnel to ensure that all content and claims in promotional materials are accurate and comply with FDA guidelines.
- Oversee timely submission of all promotional materials to the FDA’s Office of Prescription Drug Promotion (OPDP).
This requires physical hard copies to be delivered to the compliance team within 3 days after PRB approval.
- Manage the production of promotional materials in various formats, including digital and print.
- Manage the fulfillment facility (DCL) and provide fulfillment system training to the sales team.
- Monitor inventory levels of marketing materials.
- Coordinate shipments to Patient Services, Specialty Pharmacies, Conventions, and Patient Events.
- Manage the dissemination of marketing materials to the sales force.
- Manage the purchase and renewal of subscriptions to journal articles, both hard and digital copies, for the sales force.
- Partner with and manage vendors to ensure project objectives and timelines are met.
This position requires travel, such as attending various franchise functions and going to vendor facilities for press checking of printed materials.
This position requires 40 hours a week of onsite work at the San Rafael campus.
- Account management
- Project management
- Time management
- Vendor management
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to lift 25 pounds, in such instances as packing up or unpacking marketing materials for franchise meetings.
3+ years experience in a pharmaceutical/ad agency environment. Experience with the following programs and systems preferred: Veeva PromoMats, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.