Manager, Global Stock AdministrationLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BIOMARIN JOB Description: Manager, GLOBAL Stock AdministratioN
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Global Finance Operations and Reporting (GFOR) is growing rapidly with the overall company and developing into a leading edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1.5 billion of annual revenues and operations in over 40 countries that drive significant accounting, finance and information systems complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance operations services to our stakeholders.
JOB TITLE: Manager, Global Stock Administration
Working in the BioMarin Finance Organization, this position will help in managing the Global Stock Administration operations for all BioMarin entities. The role reports into the Sr. Manager of Stock Administration in the Accounting Operations and Business Process Excellence team. It entails working cross-functionally to drive operational rigor, financial control, and end-to-end process excellence with our global partners in Finance (Payroll, Tax, Corporate Accounting, Technical Accounting, Treasury, Regional Finance Teams), HR, Legal, and Information Management.
The Stock Administrator Manager will join our Finance Team and perform the day-to-day stock administration related activities for Employee Stock Purchase Plans, Restricted and Performance Stock units, and Stock options globally. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, a high level of accuracy, ability to focus on detail, strong technical skills, and be one who takes pride in producing high quality work. Besides the management of day-to-day Stock Administration activities, the manager will be charged with ensuring transactional accuracy and financial controls, employee customer service, continuous process improvement, and the diligent oversight of 3rd party platforms and services (i.e. Fidelity, Computershare, and Deloitte). Primary day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Maintain Stock Admin database and ensure accuracy at all times.
• Prepare and process ESPP, ISOs, RSUs, PSUs, grants, cancellations, and exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other option and equity holders.
• Prepare and distribute option grants electronically.
• Prepare ad-hoc and/or quarterly equity reconciliations for Accounting, including diligent support for internal and external audit.
• Provide NQ, ISO, RSU tax reports to global payrolls and employees as needed.
• Generate reports to both internal and outside customers, including but not limited to participants' summary.
• Maintain trading blackout periods, pre-clearance, and enforcement of insider trading policy restrictions.
• Interact with transfer agent to resolve any processing issues and initiate ad-hoc DWAC for the non-qualified deferred compensation, “NQDC”, transactions.
• Act as main point of contact for employee questions on equity.
• Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Coordinate with HR business partner to drive and maintain the global mobility tracking program.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in stock administration reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise, including at least 2 years management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or similar preferred
- Candidate must have deep experience and knowledge with:
- Global and cross-functional environments.
- ESPP, Stock Options and RSUs
- SOX and internal controls for equity and stock based compensation
- Global equity taxation knowledge.
- Public company experience.
- Global mobility and mechanics ofa global mobility tracking program.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong:
- Analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details required
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Affinity for process optimization, demonstrating a Continuous Improvement mindset for stock administrative processes
- Organization skills, ability to operate with complexity
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Work independently and effectively with a range of individuals.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of materials and information.
- Maintain a strong control environment in compliance with accounting policies, SOX, and standard operating procedures.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines.
- Effectively present and teach users and management on complex equity topics
- CEP candidate a plus
Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar is desirable
- Direct Management and Organization: Sr. Manager, Stock Administration; Accounting Operations & Business Process Excellence
- Primary: Employees, Finance (Payroll, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, PMO), HR, Legal, IM, transfer agent, outside tax advisor, captive and third-party brokerage firms
- Other: Internal/External Audit,