Manager, Global Insights & AnalyticsLocation San Rafael, California
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Insights and Analytics Manager will support Commercial Management decision-making by deriving insights from analysis of secondary data. This individual will play an integral role in developing a comprehensive understanding of the market environment such as competitor market shares, treatment patterns, patient switching dynamics, key HCPs/centers of excellence, and trends over time. He/she will partner with different functional groups (Marketing, Field teams, Competitive Intelligence, Medical, Regional Commercial Operations, and Investor Relations) to deliver analyses that enable a thorough understanding of the market environment and opportunities. In addition, he/she is expected to present findings to key stakeholders, provide recommendations, and implement approved recommendations. This individual will also support other forecasting and market research projects, as needed.
- Lead secondary data projects in Hemophilia A and PKU disease areas to gain market insights
- Establish process for managing secondary data needs and work with Regional Commercial Operations colleagues to implement/operationalize process
- Assess vendor data capabilities and make recommendations on which sources to use
- Support other forecasting and market research projects, as needed
- Knowledge of secondary data sources like IQVIA (IMS Health) Sales Data (DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), Affiliation (HCOS), APLD (Medical Claims), and Specialty pharmacy data and how they can be used
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses to generate insights and recommendations including helping team think thru key business questions and find ways to answer them
- Requirement to work “hands on” with data and analytical tools. Advanced Excel skills. SQL, Tableau, Power BI experience preferred.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
- Experience in supporting launch products and/or new launch indications with forecasting and strategic decision support
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with strong project/process management skills.
- Ability to work with others to set strategic direction and execute on it
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
- Ability to manage vendors
- 3+ years in the bio/pharmaceutical industry supporting secondary data analyses/market research/product forecasting
- Graduate degree in business or life sciences (MBA/PhD); consulting or investment banking
- Higher level statistical / applied mathematics background
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.