Manager, Finance StrategyLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
Finance Strategy Manager:
A key role supporting the company's strategic decision-making process, focusing on company valuation modeling and providing financial insights to support our product portfolio team. The expertise and analysis will help shape BioMarin’s growth strategy, drive investment decisions, and optimize our product portfolio to maximize shareholder value. This role manages finance strategy but does not have direct reports. This is a hybrid role, working three days from home and requiring two days per week in our San Rafael office.
In this fast-paced role, you will interact with the finance team and business partners throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
Leadership Behaviors required:
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Support Data-Driven Decision Making: Ability to support decisions through analysis and presentation of data and key messages
- Flexible, quick-learner, and able to adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
- Results Oriented
- Highly motivated
- Collaborative Business Advisor
- Cross-Functional Business Partnership:Develop relationships and become a trusted business partner for key cross-functional stakeholders (Commercial, BD, Product Portfolio Development Team, etc.)
- Key liaison between FP&A/Finance Strategy and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure robust understanding of program timelines, milestones, and key assumptions to enable aligned integrated planning
- Support financial modeling and analysis to inform portfolio planning and optimization forums including DCF valuations, ROIs, and scenario analysis
- Provide financial support and analysis to FP&A Core Team reps through distribution of monthly/quarterly results & visibility into latest Program financials as well as supporting financial modeling to support governance requests
- Partner closely & collaboratively with business development and broader Finance organization to support financial modeling for potential M&A deals
- TSR/ Enterprise Valuation: Ownership of two strategic financial models: the total shareholder return (TSR) model & the Enterprise discounted cash flow DCF model
- Lead long-range, strategic planning process by owning the 10-year Enterprise Valuation TSR model ensuring accurate and updated assumptions from our cross-functional partners
- Preparation of valuation insights & slides to support long-range plan discussions with Sr. Executives and the annual Board of Directors strategy meeting
- Support integration of TSR into governance discussions and decision-making processes
- Partner with banks to support external valuation analysis for the Board of Directors
- Continuous improvement and refinement of the models to make more efficient and effective underlying functionality & support integration of TSR into broader strategic discussions
- Ad Hoc Analysis: Partner cross-functionally to provide ad-hoc financial analysis for strategic projects to support decisions around strategic, high value special projects
- Gain a deep understanding of the Business and Programs and continue to connect Program activities back to the financials
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business/Economics
- 6+ years’ experience in Finance, Business Analytics, or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and people skills and an ability to work autonomously and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including visualizations of data
- Experience with Power BI or other analytics/data visualization tools
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Smart View, Oracle and/or Anaplan strongly preferred
- Demonstrate attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and modeling skills (including technical modeling & analysis: valuation and shareholder return)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and communicate effectively at senior executive management
- Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 105,600 to $ 158,400 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.