Manager, Corporate TaxLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin’s Global Finance operations continue to grow rapidly with the overall company and are developing into a leading-edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1.5 billion of annual revenues and operations in 40 plus countries that drive a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, along with operational complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance services to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Tax, the Corporate Tax Manager will support all corporate tax activities with primary focus on the tax reporting and compliance function. Core responsibilities include managing all aspects of tax accounting (ASC 740), tax controversy, and tax compliance and supporting tax planning activities. This role will require a technical, hands-on candidate that is detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills.This role is based in the San Rafael offices of BioMarin. Some travel to offices in Europe, Latin America and Asia may be required.
Strategic Partner and US Business Process Owner Corporate Tax
- Support the global tax accounting provision process in accordance with ASC 740 and stay abreast of technical updates pertinent to BioMarin, interact with international tax, technical accounting and Controllers group to make sure all tax reporting changes are proactively managed.
- Manage and support the U.S. income tax reporting to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely, assist with managing outsourced compliance relationships
- Work with the Senior Director, International Tax, to gain exposure in international reporting requirements and support international reporting obligations
- Exposure to State and Local tax compliance and reporting issues.
- Support compliance efforts for SOX 404 for all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements
- Identify and implement policies and procedures to improve efficiency of global tax accounting process, including improvement of technology and transformation strategy.
- Manage and participate in the development of software solutions for tax process automation- identify, develop, and direct the implementation of technology tools and process improvements to reduce low-value work, and increase tax resource productivity/focus on more value-added work.
- Partner with various business teams to establish and refine tax policies, processes and system workflows.
- Support the required tax accounting for business acquisitions and other significant non-recurring transactions
- Support US direct and indirect tax audits
Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Administration and Master’s in Tax. A Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate tax with a strong emphasis on tax compliance and reporting.
Inside public company tax and finance experience and experience or familiarity in a complex environment (large, multi-national corporation experience strongly preferred).
Tax provision software experience and experience with data automation and data visualization tools is a benefit.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Computer skills including Alteryx, Excel, Word, Power Point, OneSource tax software and computerized G/L and financial reporting systems (Oracle and HFM)
Heavy interaction with Finance Management team as well peers outside of finance in the Technical Operations, Commercial Organization, R&D Organization, Legal, FP&A, cost center managers; external auditors and tax advisors; internal audit.
Directly supervising staff accounts