Manager, Commercial Secondary Data AnalyticsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The commercial operations team is expanding its use of secondary data sources and is looking for an experienced data analyst. The successful hire will be a key member of a new market analytics team. This team will support BioMarin’s business teams with insights based on secondary data including a range of real-world data sources. These insights are critical to ensure that our sales and marketing teams are equipped with the best and most up to date information required to run the business. This includes traditional commercial analytics such as market share calculations, opportunity modeling and patient cohort analytics.
The Manager, Commercial Secondary Data Analytics will report to the Senior Director, Commercial Secondary Data Analytics.
- Lead analytics projects using modern analytics techniques to produce insights that will guide strategic decisions and optimize the business including HCP and patient segmentation, patient journey, managed market analytics, and sales effectiveness.
- Develop new data structures to support innovative analytics using new data products or combination of products
- Build reports and dashboards using PowerBI or Tableau
- Develop a detailed understanding of our commercial team strategy, including customer segmentation, engagement model, sales force effectiveness, etc.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders across the commercial organization
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of both data and delivered insights
- Collaborate with field sales professionals to ensure data and analytics provide usable insights
- Evaluating new secondary data sources and analytics methodologies to continually improve the reach and scale of our commercial analytics
- Manage and mentor team members
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline
- 8+ years of business analytics experience
- 3+ years of team leadership
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare analytics and data sources
- 3+ years of experience in analytical tools such as R, Python, and SQL
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau or Power BI
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.