Legal Administrative AssistantLocation San Rafael, California
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Administrative Assistant provides daily office support to attorneys and staff in a fast-paced, high volume legal department, and is frequently called on to assist employees across all business groups with contract-related matters. Job duties include obtaining signatures on contracts through Legal’s Contract Lifecycle Management System (CLM) and DocuSign (or obtaining manual signatures as required); printing, filing, and maintaining appropriate filing systems including hard copy files of all executed contracts; evaluating company-wide purchase order requests to determine compliance with the company’s contract policy; making travel and meeting arrangements; managing calendars; preparing reports; assisting attorneys and staff with document needs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); and covering for/assisting other department admins. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, professional, have excellent analytical and communication skills, and have the ability to manage and prioritize a high volume workload.
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Timely complete final stage of contract process, including obtaining internal and external signatures through Legal’s CLM and DocuSign.
- Complete manual signatures as required and send to contracting parties as instructed.
- Organize and maintain Legal Department files (both electronic and paper), including Company contracts.
- Organize and schedule department meetings and events, send out invitations, order meals, and make other arrangements for meetings and events as necessary.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Book travel arrangements for Legal department attorneys.
- Manage calendars and schedule conference rooms and meetings for Legal department staff.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Notarize documents as needed by business.
- Provide support on projects as needed, including the review and analysis of purchase order requests from business to determine whether and what type of contract is necessary pursuant to Company policy.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistants when on meal breaks or not working.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience providing legal clerical support, paralegal services, contracts administration or other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, yet be a team player willing to volunteer for tasks when needed for the betterment of the team.
- Must be regularly available between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or other contract-intensive fields.
- DocuSign experience.
- Notary certification.
- Experience with SpringCM or another CLM system.
Bachelor of Arts required. Notary Public Certificate is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.