Legal Administrative Assistant (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Organize and maintain IP Department files (both electronic and paper).
- Uploading documents to the IP search engine
- Backload of physical filing of IP documents
- Assist with data entry in docketing system
- Assist with data linking between docketing system and IP search engine
- Organize and schedule department meetings and events, send out invitations, order meals, and make other arrangements as necessary.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistants when they are on meal breaks or not working.
- Assist with attorney, Legal department and GVP on administrative tasks including drafting, revising, finalizing documents including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent with standard software including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint,O365, Excel
- Adept in utilizing AV/telephonic equipment
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, coordinating, prioritizing
- Energetic, self-motivated and willing to work in a team environment
- Anaqua Docketing System (Patent and Trademark Database)
- iManage System
- 1-3 years of experience required
- Bachelors degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.