Intern- SEC/ AccountingLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The summer intern will engage in the Company’s quarterly reporting process, including quality review of the SEC Filing and Earnings Release, preparation of supporting schedules for disclosures and materials for various quarter end meetings. Quarter end meetings include, Audit Committee, Controller Review, Financial Statement Review with CEO and CFO. The summer intern will also have the opportunity to work with other groups within the Accounting Department and participate in the audit over internal controls.
- Distribute and Manage requests for disclosure support schedules
- Assist in performing quality control procedures over SEC filing & Earning Release
- Assist in standardization of management memos for SOC1 Reports received from service organizations
- Assist with ad hoc reporting
- US GAAP Accounting Research
- Benchmarking of disclosures
- Full time student (entering Junior or Senior year) enrolled in 4 year degree or MBA program with a major in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, analytical thinking and displays self-initiative
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.