Intern, IT Performance OfficeLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarin’s Information Management team is responsible for the development, deployment and management of IT systems and applications used across all functions of the company while meeting all regulatory standards.
The IT Performance Management team is responsible for ensuring the most efficient use of our resources to accomplish our mission. The intern for IT Performance Management will gain valuable insight and experience into the aspects necessary to manage the strategy, portfolio, resources, budget, and operations to fulfill the robust IT needs of BioMarin. This position will provide an opportunity to be hands-on in the design of our portfolio that delivers our strategy, tracking the effective use of our resources, understanding the IT decision-making process, exercise important professional skills including evaluation of technological capabilities and effectively communicating throughout a broader organization.
- Perform various data and trend analyses, reporting findings consistently to various levels and teams.
- Track IT strategic objective targets, and make recommendations to reach goals more quickly/effectively.
- Make recommendations on and support application rationalization initiatives as needed.
- Provide insight and support on planning and budget operations.
- Understanding of information technology foundations.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, analytical thinking and displays self-initiative.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or management discipline.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 30.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.