Intern, IM Business SolutionsLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience supporting process efficiency projects within Information Management’s Business Solutions team at BioMarin, while gaining insights into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The role will be based in San Rafael and will be executed in a hybrid model, in person and in a virtual capacity. The intern will report to the Senior Manager, Business Solutions, while executing projects with the support of the IM Business Solutions team.
The role will be supporting BioMarin’s Information Management, Business Solutions group responsible for WWRD. We support the technology priorities for the functions across WWRD, i.e., Data Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, Research, Global Clinical Development, Medical Affairs. We work to ensure WWRD has the technology in place to develop therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Summary: The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
• The intern will support Business Solutions in building and supporting template driven SharePoint site development and TeamSite development, to promote services offered by the Business Solutions team
• Build TeamSites that enhance visibility in current efforts and help manage applications• Create PowerBI reports from multiple data sources and place them on SharePoint and/or TeamSites
• Create surveys and analyze survey results; create actionable reports
• Elicit requirements for various work products (e.g., TeamSites)
• The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding and working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SharePoint, SharePoint and TeamSite development, creating eForms and SharePoint lists, building surveys, PowerApp development (nice to have), PowerBI report development
• Experience with Service Now (nice to have)
• Experience querying data sources (SQL) and combining results in compelling reports
• Oracle DB experience, writing queries and reports
:• Undergraduate student pursing a degree in computer science, or similar major, with emphasis of web development within the Microsoft infrastructure
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the Intern.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
.• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
.• Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.