Intern, Human ResourcesLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
SUMMARY: THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO HYBRID at the San Rafael, CA campus AND/OR VIRTUAL PRESENCE
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Human Resources department fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where employees feel seen, heard and accepted for who they are. We craft benefits, develop tools to support strong employee-manager relationships, create growth opportunities, and provide organization/leadership direction, all in order to advance the development of treatments for our patients.
The Human Resources Intern would work within the Talent Development and Talent Acquisition functions. In this role, they will be responsible for projects and tasks related to furthering our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for our current and future employees. Some responsibilities will include:
- Develop marketing and promotions material for Employee and Community Resource Groups for their monthly events
- Maintain a dashboard on Power BI to keep track of multiyear objectives and OKRs (will involve working with stakeholders)
- Create LinkedIn Learning collections
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for DEI functional presentations
- Work with BioMarin recruiters to develop diversity recruiting strategies for priority positions
- Assist in building relationships with university and professional diversity organizations
- Build pipelines of candidates from underrepresented populations
- Experience with MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Facility with digital communications and social media
- Strong basic research abilities
- Commitment to a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion philosophy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent an results oriented
- Plus: Power BI
- Student in their 3rd or 4th year of Undergraduate school pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development/Design or Business Administration. Will consider student pursing Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development/Design or Business Administration
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Housing and Transportation is the responsibility of the intern.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.