Intern, Finance StrategyLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for the consolidation, reporting, and analysis of the company’s budget and forecasts. Finance strategy focuses primarily on business partnership with our Product Development and Business Development Colleagues as well as ownership of the shareholder return models and ad hoc strategic analytics. The Intern will assist with supporting the team in preparing the Program financial results and analysis as well as support any ad hoc strategic requests.
- Assist with monthly & quarterly Program financial reporting with variance analysis
- Support any ongoing strategic projects and analytics
- Help team with ongoing process improvement and automation projects
- Participate in one project and present findings to VP FP&A and WWRD team
- Ad hoc reporting and analyses
- Energetic, organized and highly skilled with today's systems, applications, and platforms (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Independent worker and self-starter that enjoys problem solving and takes pride and accountability in their work product
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage various tasks, priorities, and timelines and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Complex Excel modeling skills
- PowerPoint visualization skills
- Student pursuing an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting. An interest in the life sciences and biopharma industry is a plus.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 25.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..