Intern, Digital OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more. And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This intern will support Digital Operations, a team that supports global and regional marketing teams to execute and monitor impactful digital marketing campaigns via online channels including email, social media and web. We are a fast-paced team executing on many short- term deliverables while also chartering a long-term path for additional sophistication in digital delivery. This team works in a consistently evolving space and is required to pivot quickly to support dynamic needs.
The role will collaborate closely with digital subject matter experts, vendors and cross-functional business units supporting and leading projects related to digital marketing campaigns. This role will also help cultivate our key content management system by providing data input support, submission/approval monitoring and carrying out digital asset management requests.
This internship will enable the student to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the Commercial marketing and digital operations processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop scalable, highly impactful operational efficiencies
- Opportunity to assist with other ad-hoc projects with the various teams in the Digital Operations group
- Populate and cultivate a digital asset management (DAM) library in Veeva Vault PromoMats system
- Provide ad-hoc support to fuel the review and approval of tactics
- Support Digital Operations and Omnichannel leads on execution of new marketing technology (MarTech) solutions
Eligibility & Qualifications:
- Student who are currently in their junior or senior year pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work with large amounts of data
- A high level of curiosity, attention to detail and enthusiasm to learn and understand new processes
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; multi-task and prioritize projects
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with concepts of digital marketing, marketing automation, and/or web development is preferred
- Demonstrates strong agility and comfortable in a highly dynamic environment
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop skills specific to your major
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 25.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.