Intern, Cytometry CoreLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
From research and discovery to post-market clinical development, our WWRD engine involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with genetic diseases
- Knowledge of how flow cytometry and cell sorting are used in a biotechnology environment to support research, bioanalysis, and clinical work
- Knowledge in how to operate a flow cytometer and sorter
- Training in a typical flow cytometry assay including complex options for data analysis
- Experience in a Shared Resource Laboratory (SRL or Core Lab) touching many parts of the drug discovery process
- Molecular Biology and Molecular Biology Laboratory or equivalent courses
- Cell Biology or Molecular Immunology or equivalent courses
- Cell Biology Laboratory or Molecular Immunology Laboratory or equivalent courses
- Experience with common biochemistry and molecular biology techniques
- Experience with sterile cell culture techniques
- Comfort working and communicating in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, collaborative research environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work
- Undergraduate student in their 3rd or 4th year or Masters student majoring in biochemistry, cell biology or equivalent, with an interest in a laboratory career preferred
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.