Intern, Corporate IntelligenceLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
From research and discovery to post-market clinical development, our WWRD engine involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with genetic diseases.
- Landscape analysis for a therapeutic area, indication, and/or modality of interest and derivation of implications for BioMarin’s current portfolio and future development strategy
- Analysis of recent technology trends in rare disease, including the development of new approaches and shifts in investment.
- Company analysis to understand internal expertise and gaps, characterize previous/current strategic thinking, and predict future strategy.
- Background in biological sciences
- Able to collect and synthesize a wide range of data and information.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to distill complex information into concise takeaways.
- Excels at working collaboratively with others.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Student pursing a Masters in a life science discipline, or in a PhD Program. Or MBA student with a Bachelors in life sciences.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and housing/transportation assistance available for eligible employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.