Intern, Corporate CommunicationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Do you have a passion for doing meaningful work?
- Do you pride yourself on your exceptional organizational skills?
- Do you cringe when you see a typo?
- Are you a great multi-tasker?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we’d love to hear from you. The BioMarin Corporate Communications team is seeking a Summer Intern to work on a multitude of projects to gain a better understanding of what a career in communications entails.
You’ll get hands-on experience on projects like:
- Building a presentation that tells the BioMarin story to external audiences
- Creating email campaigns and measuring performance
- Writing and editing for our internal website and social media channels
- Maintaining and updating materials for crisis preparedness
- Organizing a digital library of video footage, photos, graphics
- Updating the corporate Style Guide
- Coordinating global All Hands Meetings for 2,000+ employees
- Supporting other projects as needed
To be successful in this internship, you’ll ideally have a can-do attitude and won’t waver when you have to roll up your sleeves on projects. You adapt well to change, and you can shift gears at a moment’s notice. You’re able to think strategically and can work independently. You have a sense of humor. Strong writing, project management skills and attention to detail are a must. Journalism, Communications or PR background & previous internship experience are preferred.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community