Intern, Clinical Science (Hemophilia A Gene Therapy)Location San Rafael, California Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Clinical Science, Hemophilia A Gene Therapy intern will gain experience in the conduct of clinical trials. The Clinical Science team is comprised of medical and health professionals who are responsible for overseeing the safe and ethical conduct of studies in patients, and in this case, gene therapy for individuals with hemophilia A, an inherited bleeding disorder attributed to a deficiency or defect in a blood clotting protein called Factor VIII.
As a contributing team member, the intern will assist in the production and/or review of important documents and reports, attend multi-disciplinary team meetings, and learn about opportunities that are available to medical and health professionals in the biotech industry, among other duties.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a health-related career OR graduate student enrolled in health care degree-granting program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Office 365
- Engaged, Curious, and Amiable
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.