Intern - Business Development (Alliance Management)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Business Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarin MBA Internship in the Business Development (BD) and Strategy function will closely work with team members supporting, analyzing and executing transaction and related activities designed to meet BioMarin’s strategic objectives. Specifically, during the summer, selected intern will experience either BD operations skills, alliance management, project management, financial analytics, deal integration or a combination of these skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising and working closely with senior levels;
- Analyze and understand deal integration, alliance management and deal progress tracking;
- Evaluate and building financial models;
- Preparing materials for internal governance meetings and cross functional team presentations
- Graduated with a Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university with a 3. 0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion as a first year graduate student before internship starts and currently enrolled in a MBA program for a MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment, graduating no later than Summer 2020.
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industry experience
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills or PMP certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of management
- Willingness to be a team player, with strong leadership skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.