Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
Accounting and Reporting functions play a vital role at BioMarin. Teams works cross-functionally to support the organization, working with both internal and external partners to provide financial information and business insights to management, lenders, investors, and other stakeholders.
The Accounting Intern will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience by working collaboratively within an enthusiastic global finance team that strives to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
The BioMarin Accounting and Finance functions are seeking a summer accounting intern with an interest in learning about accounting and who desires to achieve a meaningful experience in the accounting and finance profession. The accounting intern will be responsible for performing and/or assisting with monthly and quarterly close and reporting activities, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analyses, internal controls, external reporting activities, tax items, and other special projects. This role will work closely with other BioMarin Finance teams, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, and/or Information Management, as well as with our business partners in the Research & Development, Technical Operations, Corporate and Commercial functions. The internship will also provide an opportunity to learn more about the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong work ethic and curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Student in their 3rd or 4th year pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or Business
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop skills specific to your major
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and housing/transportation assistance available for eligible employees.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 25.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.