HR Business Partner (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of HR, provide HR consultation to the North America Commercial (and G&A organizations) in the areas of employee relations, onboarding and offboarding, performance management, compensation, team effectiveness, and execute HR initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HR guidance and advisory assistance to employees and management on issues/concerns, onboarding, employee development, team effectiveness
andother HR programs/practices.
- Facilitate, coordinate and conduct management/employee coaching and counseling
, ,performance management discussions, and other HR matters to ensure compliance with company policies and federal, state and local laws and regulations. May support investigations while upholding strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Provide Talent Acquisition/recruiting assistance as needed – may be responsible for requisitions.
- Assist and support Annual Compensation and Performance Management cycle
. Skills A proventrack record of 5-7 years demonstrated HR expertise in Employee Relations/Performance Coaching including; triage/initial diagnostics, conducting and successful resolution of investigations and consulting with/addressing employee questions, concerns, disputes, Leaves of Absences or other matters.
- Broad understanding of HR principles, techniques
andprocedures as well as business strategies to assess HR implications.
- Highly collaborative with a track record of building strong relationships across all levels.
- Exceptional verbal, written communications skills including
historyof successfully influencing at all levels of employees and management.
- Skilled with Microsoft office tools, HRIS, or other HR related software tools is a plus
- Recruiting/Staffing experience preferred.
- Experience in life sciences and working with commercial organizations preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• PHR or SPHR is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.