Global LSD Franchise Lead, Global Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Position: Global LSD Franchise Lead, Global Brand Management
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our global brand management team as Commercial Lead for our largest franchise to date; The LSD franchise is made up of the flagship brands for our marketed products. Global leadership role for our LSD brands, including NAGLAZYME for MPS VI and VIMIZIM for Morquio A and BRINEURA for CLN2. Brineura has been widely recognized for innovation – including the 2017 Popular Science “Best of What’s New” award in the health category. This position reports directly to VP, Global Brand Management.
This position is responsible for setting the strategy for our LSD Franchise, leading the global commercialization efforts and maximizing the market and lifecycle opportunity for our brands. This position includes: leading and implementing Franchise and brand strategies; driving the commercial efforts to support growth of our products/diseases with a strong focus on early diagnosis and evidence generation needs to support long-term use; aligning priorities and efforts across commercial; and being a champion for the brands across the commercial and the broader organization. This role will also be responsible for strategically leading our Commercial expertise and strategy across our portfolio in genetic diagnostics. Additionally, this position will be a contributor to the commercial insights and positioning for early pipeline programs associated with CNS/genetic epilepsy and/or metabolic disorders.
Demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker, and is comfortable in a growing commercial organization. Must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, be a self-starter, and motivate internal cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies. Candidates will need to be comfortable with ambiguity. Strong cross collaboration and teamwork skills are essential.
- Manage growth of brands through the evolution of their lifecycle; including influencing lifecycle management, evidence generation and market access strategies.
- Leads Global Brand Team. Responsible for the global brand strategy and plans, ensuring aligned, integrated, cross-functional long and short term plans.
- Global marketing oversite, including maintaining brand ID, global positioning, global messaging, and execution of appropriate global marketing programs and processes while also supporting (from a strategic brand perspective) regional execution of regional tactics
- Collaborate closely with (4) regional teams worldwide to foster ongoing brand growth, adoption of customer centric content strategy and ensuring global strategies and tactics are well aligned with regional needs and priorities
- Responsible for oversite and strategic leadership of diagnostic programs to support FIND initiatives, including insights from existing programs, strategic partnerships with commercial laboratories
- Represent commercial organization on the product Core Team/Lifecycle Team (directly or through direct reports) to maximize current and future franchise/product value. Provide expert guidance and leadership on the commercial potential and market landscape to core teams and executive leadership, informing strategies such as medical plans, market access initiatives, and life cycle plans.
- Active contributor to global brand management leadership team.
- Consultant and participant for early stage assets related to existing franchise (ie, CNS/genetic epilepsies, Metabolics, etc)
- Build on core genetic diagnostic competencies in LSD Franchise to serve as Diagnostics SME across the portfolio including industry trends related to genetic testing, genetic panels, NBS (newborn screening) and predictive analytics.
- Commercial expertise and industry across our portfolio in genetic diagnostics
- Manage, coach and support career growth of direct reports
- Represents Commercial as required in Executive presentations
- Ability to travel 25% of time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 10+ years of professional marketing experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals
- Track record of leadership success interacting at all levels of a matrix organization, cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Has Leadership experience with direct reports
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Operates quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Orphan/Ultra-Orphan disease experience
- Pre-launch and product launch experience
- Global and regional marketing experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals
- Experience interacting with key opinion leaders and patient advocacy groups
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business or life sciences
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.