Global Customer Management and Systems ManagerLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Global Customer Management (GCM) at BioMarin expands past customer service to manage the whole of our customer experience along with the supporting BioMarin infrastructure. This role will support the continuing development of the customer master governance to standardize global master data to support the execution of customer orders. To support the execution of orders and Order to Cash stakeholders, this position will support customer master data alignment into a global Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) application and becoming the CRM administrator. Customer Management supports our global customers by region, this role will also work within an assigned region and act as a single point of contact for the BioMarin customer to support their product supply needs. Working within a global team this associate will need to provide analytics and trends regarding the BioMarin performance as compared to the customer expectation for their region and combine this into a global dashboard. Opportunities for improvement will be valued as critical contributions to the overall improvement to the Order to Cash process. This role will be a direct contributor to the overall success of BioMarin and improvement to the lives of the patients treated with BioMarin products.
Manage Customer Master Governance Council:
- With GCM Director and other leadership correlate long term customer master roadmap and future state domain maintenance process.
- Develop governance implantation plan including definitions of data fields, system nomenclature, and customer master documentation for user.
- Utilize business processes to identify key customer master data elements and how used. Define and document the integrate customer master data from the Oracle centralized repository and Customer Relationship Manager.
- Support the master data cleaning/obsolescence/changes using the Customer Master software, appMDM, in coordination with IM support.
- Lead and guide council team, collect impute and assess impacts to customer master data program.
- Align Customer Master roadmap with other impacted projects to ensure no disruption to business and mitigate project delay
Customer Relationship Administrator (CRM) Administrator:
- Administer CRM including: system SME, testing, trouble shooting, monitor functionality, supervise use, and main coordinator for all connections and installations.
- GCM point of contact for CRM system functionality and primary support for system
- Become global team main point of contact for assessment of improvement requests. Work with Director of GCM for guidance on system deliverables and solicit feedback from user community to ensure changes/improvements benefit all users.
- GCM administrator for CRM software implementations and changes, and integrations into other BioMarin systems with support from IM team or 3rd party vendors.
- Primarily focus is to ensure system functionality is in support of GCM and Commercial stakeholder’s business operations. Develop and delivery user guides and training programs for system users.
- Work with cross functional teams to document end-to-end Order to Cash work flow and ensure opportunity for improvements are incorporated into the CRM functionality.
- Key responsibility is to map customer master data and CRM functionality to enable integration into sales transactions in Oracle in coordination with OTC and IM program improvement initiatives.
- Identify and propose system optimization and business operations improvements for the benefit of the global customer management team and OTC process.
Customer and Sales Reporting:
- Design and deliver system functionality to bring Customer Sales Analysis access to global commercial team and stakeholders
- Create customized Sales reports in the CRM system and act as primary contact for regional country managers, GCM, and commercial Operations to develop reporting to management and market performance.
- Manage feeds from the data warehouse to ensure accurate Daily Sales Reporting and report accessibility to executive leadership, commercial management, and regional stakeholders.
- Monitor and deliver Daily Sales Reporting for executive leadership, commercial management, and regional stakeholders.
- Design and deliver system functionality to bring Customer Sales Analysis access to global commercial teams and stakeholders
- Partner with Global Market Entry and Business Operations teams to gather requirements and coordinate implementation of key information to develop customer profiles in CRM to enable better customer management.
- Combining CRM and sales reporting data act as primary contact for regional country managers, GCM, and Commercial Operations to develop reporting to management sales and market performance.
Other responsibilities may include:
- International region customer management:
- Manage daily orders for dedicated region and resolve any issues by collaborating with both internal (such Logistics, Finance, etc.) and external partners
- Establish expectations for order fulfillment and ensure orders are compliant to contract
- Reporting and analytics of BioMarin performance to meet customer expectations
- Participate in and contribute to end to end order-to-cash program project as needed.
- Ensure all data is complete for month end, including SOX reporting requirement, completeness and accuracy of all commercial sales within region.
- Process Improvement – identify opportunities for improvements for internal and cross functional operational systems.
- Implement and ensure compliance with BioMarin policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years in Biotech or Pharma customer/order/sales management, required
- Strong communication – written and verbal, comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Co-ordinate and manage Global Customer Management projects and initiatives
- Lead or participate in cross functional team projects
- A team player with excellent communication skills coupled with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Available to travel 2-3 International trips/year
- Experience working with customers and sales teams to drive towards solutions
- Experience working with accounting on period-end reconciliations
- Analytical skills with strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment with daily critical deliverables
- Proven track record in process improvement and project management
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP, Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com, Access or similar applications
- Additional language a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.