Executive Coordinator - Government Affairs & LegalLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of Government Affairs, -VP's-Deputy General Counsels, VP-Litigation and Employment and other senior staff level personnel. The Executive Coordinator’s assignments will be varied and complex in nature, requiring absolute discretion, as well as, considerable judgment and creativity in resolving issues. This individual must also be able to manage multiple priorities in a continually changing environment.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating arrangements for internal meetings
- Managing department budget cycles, including long range planning, annual budget planning and monthly financial reporting
- Initiate, select and manage department annual team building events, including follow-up
- Performing independent research and preparing information for special projects as requested
- Preparing travel and entertainment expense reports
- Preparing contract and purchase order requests, tracking statements of work, and managing third party invoices
- Preparing monthly accrual reporting
- Coordinating, assembling and proofing presentations, agendas and other meeting materials.
- Coordinate required Political Action Committee (PAC) financial reporting
- Assist in the coordination of periodic policy/public relations events
In addition to being professional and courteous, the Executive Coordinator must possess
- An ability to work well with all levels of internal leaders, employees, and outside vendors
- Independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- Strong skill with spreadsheets (Excel) and presentations (PowerPoint) and good understanding of budget process
- A can-do attitude, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong calendaring and catering skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task as needed
- Ability to receive and act upon “ad-hoc” requests
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communications
- Ability to think proactively, creatively and strategically
- Strong attention to detail
- A team-oriented work style
- At least 5 years executive level support and office administration
- Strong PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Concur expense reporting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 80,000 to $ 120,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.