EHS&S , Specialist ILocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The EHS&S Specialist I supports the overall BioMarin Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) operations, with focus on Injury/Illness Recordkeeping, Training Administration and Training Development. This position will report directly to the Associate Director, EHS&S Program and Assurance.
This position is based in BioMarin’s corporate headquarters located in San Rafael, California.
This position is not offered as a fully remote role, but a hybrid role may be considered.
- Injury/Illness Recordkeeping
- Manage the intake, tracking and recordkeeping of workplace injuries and illness.
- Maintain injury/illness records in accordance with regulations.
- Utilize the Incident Management System software.
- Update, and manage any written documentation relating to the program.
- Work directly with internal partners and stakeholders.
- Training Administration and Development
- Update and maintain EHS&S training assignments and records in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Update and maintain EHS&S training catalog.
- Respond to users’ questions and issues related to the LMS and EHS&S training
- Develop EHS&S training.
- Assist in development of environment, health and safety policies, procedures, and related documents.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal partners/stakeholders.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Use EHS&S and company software systems effectively.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 2-5 years prior experience with bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Safety, Engineering, or relevant discipline
- Prior experience managing injury/illness and training records.
- Prior experience using a Learning Management System such as LearnShare and Incident Management System software.
- Prior experience in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Prior experience developing EHS related training.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Up to 25% local and domestic travel may be required.
- No direct reports
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 72,200 to $ 108,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.