Director, US Market Access - Pricing StrategyLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Market Access Director, Pricing Strategy will develop US pricing and contracting strategy recommendations for BioMarin’s products throughout lifecycle. This person works closely with multiple stakeholders within the commercial organization and key corporate functions. This position reports to the Executive Director, Market Access Strategy and Payer Policy within North America Commercial Operations.
This is an exciting, high profile opportunity for an expert in pricing and contracting to develop innovative strategies that assure patient access to equally innovative and transformative rare disease therapies. The ideal candidate is passionate about patients, focused on driving for results, and is adept at both strategy development and hands-on execution.
- Effectively develop and communicate pricing and contracting recommendations for new treatments, including innovative options where feasible
- Lead the North American (NORAM) Pricing Committee
- Analyze, refine and recommended NORAM pricing and contracting strategies for marketed therapies throughout lifecycle including generic mitigation
- Actively monitor pricing and contracting trends of competitive therapies, including innovative contracting and financing solutions for transformative cell and gene therapies, and apply learnings where appropriate to BioMarin strategies
- Collaborate with Market Access leads, Commercial Operations leads, and key cross functional teams to evaluate and establish NORAM pricing, coverage, and reimbursement environment that supports provider and patient demands for BioMarin’s rare disease therapies
- 10+ years US pharmaceutical industry experience with increasing responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience in developing US pricing, reimbursement and contracting strategies in a corporate role
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment, with a high capacity for effective collaboration, relationship building, and teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of the evolving US health policy and health system environment for specialty, rare and transformative therapies, such as cell and gene therapies
- Proven track record of designing and implementing innovative and value-driven pricing and reimbursement strategies
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and superior problem-solving skills, including the capability to apply previous experience to complex pricing and policy issues
- Strong strategic and analytical skills are required
- Highly organized and skilled at managing cross functional teams and vendor projects
- US Product launch experience
- Contract strategy implementation experience
- Rare Disease experience highly preferred
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA or MPH, highly preferred
- This position is located in BioMarin’s corporate offices in San Rafael, CA, with travel approximately 10%
- We offer flexible work arrangements for onsite/remote work
- This position has no direct reports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.