Director/Sr. Director, Finance - WWR&DLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Reporting to the Vice President of FP&A, the Director/Sr. Director, Finance WWR&D will be the finance leader supporting BioMarin's Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) group and its leadership team. This individual will maintain a deep understanding of BioMarin's research, clinical, and commercial portfolios, along with critical business activities to support the organization's goals. This role will lead a team of 3 to 4 individuals to help develop robust analytics, best-in-class FP&A process, and critical insights to drive strategic business decisions. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with BioMarin's Sr. Executive team, CFO, and other key business partners throughout the organization.
- Partner with the WWRD leadership to implement strategies and help the organization surpass goals, seizing opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Drive robust financial analytics, coupled with business insights, on potential new clinical programs and associated stage gates.
- Lead the financial planning processes for the WWRD organization with strategic insights on tradeoff decisions that align to the broader finance and company-based metrics and growth goals.
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance-related decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Manages the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations, and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Lead a team of 3 to 4 individuals through thoughtful interactions and consistent coaching forums
- 10+ years of experience in complicated corporate finance environments (preferably in-house corporate finance), with FP&A leadership experience.
- A grasp of the biopharma industry and its complex, highly regulated landscape is desirable; experience in other healthcare segments is also attractive. Experience working in a significant, global biopharma or pharma company is desired.
- In-depth experience with financial systems, including implementing, using, and enhancing (e.g., financial planning applications; ERP)
- Hands-on experience working closely with the operations of a high-growth business.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective on teams as well as individually
- Results driven; adaptable, flexible and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Advanced Degree, CPA, or MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.