Director, Integrated Evidence Planning ExcellenceLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Director, Integrated Evidence Planning Excellence
TheDirector, Integrated Evidence Planning Excellence,reporting into the Head, Evidence Planning and Strategy, is a newly created role that will drive excellence in BioMarin’s Integrated Evidence Planning framework focused on the creation of strong evidence packages to achieve regulatory approval and maximize clinical adoption, patient outcomes and access.
The Evidence Planning and Strategy function is comprised of subject matter experts in evidence planning, study design and data interpretation. The function works to drive excellence in evidence planning and implement novel study design approaches to generate robust evidence to enhance understanding of unmet medical need; support patient and endpoint selection for Clinicalstudies; and inform clinical practice on appropriate use and long term safety and effectiveness of Biomarin products.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to Integrated Evidence Teams on the development and efficient delivery of fully comprehensive global Integrated Evidence Plans for BioMarin’s portfolio of assets (pipeline and marketed products)
- Coordinate Integrated Evidence Team workshops and provide training on the tools and process necessary to deliver high quality Integrated Evidence Plans; support teams in preparing for governance interactions
- Coach Integrated Evidence Team members on how to apply tradeoff decision making framework to most effectively use available resources
- Optimize the current Integrated Evidence Planning process with a focus on continuous improvement and evolution of tools to ensure a high quality Integrated Evidence Plan program; ensure process aligns with organizational goals and Brand Planning Strategy
- Foster innovation and manage the use of innovative evidence platforms, tools and resources
- Drive optimal collaboration with cross functional partners ensuring that plans are fully integrated across functions
- MS Degree in life sciences or health related field with 8+ years experience with increasing responsibilities, complexity and accountabilitieswithin the biopharmaceutical industryor, PharmD/PhD/MD with 5+ years
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a global function, leading cross functional Integrated EvidenceTeams within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of development, regulatory and commercial aspects of drug development and commercialization, including evidence needs for payer/market access and patient access
- Proven ability to effectively influence without direct authority highly desired
- Proven track record of driving innovative approaches, tools or platform in previous roles
- Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation) required
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Collaboration and influence
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others not within direct reporting line through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in his/her beliefs, and active drive.
Executing for Results
- Process driven with the ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance, tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization
BioMarin is looking for an experienced Scientific leader with a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to develop and implement product integrated evidence plans to ensure strong evidence packages to achieve regulatory approval andmaximize clinical adoption, patient outcomes and access. This is a leader adept at coaching and influencing teams, who has a strong understanding of the evidence landscape, and a track record of implementing cross-functional processes at a corporate level. A collaborative mindset and ability to motivate peers towards a common quality output is required.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 198,200 to $ 297,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.