Director, HCP Marketing – Hemophilia Gene Therapy, North AmericaLocation San Rafael, California
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director, North American HCP Marketing for Hemophilia Gene Therapy, is responsible for overall HCP marketing and brand management related to BioMarin’s flagship gene therapy program. The position is a unique opportunity to lead and develop innovative HCP initiatives to drive the success of the brand. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and an ability to mentor others.
This key role within the BMN-270 North America commercial team is focused on driving pre-launch and preparations for an innovative hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The position spans many areas including strategy and market development, commercial planning, and the creation and implementation of innovative brand tactics. The ideal candidate will have hemophilia and/or rare disease marketing experience, and competitive launch experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies and pull through tactics from start to finish to prepare for the successful launch of BMN-270.
- Collaboratively engage with global community stakeholders including healthcare professionals, patient advocacy groups and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Develop NORAM commercial strategies and tactics to support BMN-270
- Lead market development and pre-launch projects including brand development, annual brand planning, conference management and other key projects as assigned
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting hemophilia and/or rare disease communities
- Minimum 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience; field experience a plus
- KOL development and HCP marketing experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Successful experience collaborating with and facilitating project teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Confident and influential presenter, adept at engaging senior leadership
- Willingness to travel domestically, some internationally, +/- 25%+ time
- Hemophilia and rare disease pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience
- Previous experience as a US brand lead preferred.
- Previous experience leading/influencing cross-functional stakeholders (sales, medical, operations, etc) required
- Experience marketing new technologies/MoAs and/or novel therapies
- History of meaningful collaborations with health care professionals
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Bachelors, Arts or Science
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.