Director, Corporate FinanceLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Director, Corporate Finance Strategic Business Partner
Lead the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team of BioMarin. The successful candidate will have an extensive Finance background that will help the organization draw out business insight and bridge financial performance with business acumen.
Key success criteria in the first year includes:
- Lead the Global Corporate FP&A organization; a high-performing financial business partnering team with clear team norms and expectations, roles & responsibilities, and structure for routine operations;
- Delivering on financial goals; and
- Collaborating effectively with Financial and Business Leadership so that BioMarin is positioned well for the next phase of growth.
The ideal candidate should have:
A positive, approachable attitude to fill this high-paced role. The candidate should be comfortable liaising with all levels within BioMarin, should be able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and exemplify the company’s ‘can do’ attitude to all tasks.
The candidate will be comfortable setting the tone for the team, leading others through deadlines, and setting priorities. The candidate must be able to manage the expectations of many different departments and levels, and must have a strong eye for detail and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ when called upon.
We are looking for an innovative personality, someone that brings with them new ideas and ways of approaching relationship management & economic advisory, but can also drive structure and efficiency into routine tasks.
This role is based in the corporate San Rafael offices.
- Preparation and coordination of the annual budget and re-forecasts, working with all business leaders to forecast revenue, margin, OPEX, capital spend and headcount.
- Derive business insight and knowledge from large and complex datasets.
- Develop presentations with conclusions and recommendations in concise formats for executive management and the Board on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) covering all economic aspects of payments - revenue, expense, cost analysis, etc.
- Provide timely and consistent weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on establishing business dashboards that drive profitability and efficiency.
- Partner with the corporate accounting team in developing public-company type reporting and metrics.
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional groups such as Business Development, Tax, Treasury, Product Development and Investor Relations.
- Challenge status quo and current interpretations of data based on strong data analysis.
- Manage team of 3-4 direct reports
- Travel to other BioMarin offices may be required
- Minimum 8 years in progressively complex financial leadership roles
- People management experience required with preference for experience managing people in a matrix based, global environment
- Experience working in multi-national Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Strong computer literacy is essential, particularly Microsoft Office and Oracle systems
COMPETENCIES Required for the role:
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
- Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects, results, and driving effective decision-making is a must
- High level of financial problem solving skills; works effectively to identify issues, gather relevant data points and provide solution-based recommendations
- Ability to explain complex concepts and problems in simple terms, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual, innovative thinking in forecasting and workforce planning methods and techniques
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload for a team or individuals to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adopt and utilize new tools and techniques to improve departmental output
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to finance and business leadership teams and convey information with clarity and transparency to senior management
- Lead efforts to harmonize forecast processes across sites where applicable
- Highly driven and independent self-starter and pro-active leader. Seeks to continually drive and inspire the organization to the next level of performance.
- Process and systems improvement mindset for creating solutions to problems that work across boundaries beyond this role
- Analytical mindset; experience developing financial models, leading analysis & explaining options and implications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.