DBA Manager, Enterprise ArchitecureLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As part of IT Enterprise Architecture team, the candidate is required to work with different functional and Technical groups to provide guidance on current and future state of the Oracle Database/Technology Platform.
The individual will lead architectural requirements, design and development.
The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of Oracle Databases, RAC, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Encryption, Redaction, Masking, Cloning, Performance Tuning/Monitoring, Optimize Resource allocation for Databases and Applications, Backup and DR Strategy. The candidate should have experience with related technology and applications for Cloud Solutions, Big Data, Oracle eBusiness Suite R 12.2, MasterSaf, Oracle Access manager, Pedigree and Serialization, Argus, Primavera, Hyperion, OBIEE/DW, Fusion Middleware and Weblogic Server.
The candidate is expected to:
- Manage Outsourced DBA teams supporting Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Have in-depth knowledge around Oracle ERP and Client-Server Application Architecture.
- Estimate, Manage and Deliver Projects. Liaise with PMO office to provide timely updates.
- Collaborate with functional business leads, IT leads and providing periodic “State of Union” updates of Database Platforms.
- Evaluate new technologies and assess their need for BioMarin.
- Analyze, test, and implements physical database design supporting Oracle EBS versions Release 12.2 including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- To be responsible for the setup, patching, debugging, upgrading and installation of Oracle software applications and tool sets as they relate to application users. Documents and maintains consistent and current patches across test development and production environments for each country and application.
- Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database are met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Audits the current environments, provides capacity planning and best practices for the future production/development/test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Manage Install, upgrade, maintain, monitor, patch and tune Oracle E-Business, Oracle Application server, and related databases.
- Provide support to developers with troubleshooting and performance tuning, including System Global Area (SGA) analysis, latch contention analysis, disk subsystem tuning, and Structured Query Language (SQL) tuning of Oracle and custom views and queries.
- Maintain and develop backup/recovery process for Oracle E-Business Suite installations, using Recovery Manager (RMAN), BCV, or scripts for online and offline backups and disaster recovery.
- Identify and Create monitors and alerts for user sessions, concurrent processes, table extents, and locks for production and test/development systems
- Willing to learn and participate in installing, maintaining, patching and upgrading of SOA/WebLogic Application servers, Oracle Business Intelligence systems and other applications interacting with Oracle Applications.
Strategic / Governance:
- Develop strategy to Maintain and Support Oracle Database with a goal to maximize availability and uptime.
- Develop strategy to improve DR preparedness and Plans.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across all IT groups. Partner with other IT Dedicated Support functions to share knowledge and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop, maintain and communicate an intimate understanding of Business and IT strategies.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and integration.
- Analyze and evaluate systems for consolidation, optimization or operational efficiency.
- Lead continuous improvement effort assessing current use and intended use of technology and service and Maximize utilization of existing License agreements.
- Develop Cloud Migration Strategy and Plans.
Operational / Tactical:
- Prioritization of work delegated to the team.
- Manage the team and help them to achieve high levels of operational excellence
- Manage technical consultants to design, build, test, and implement new solutions
- Participate on change control boards and design review committees
- Assist teams by providing high level guidance around architectural, design, development efforts
- Work with cross-functional teams and provide solutions
- Identify areas for business/ IT process improvement and efficiencies; make recommendations to improve existing processes or system functionality.
- Coordinate and work with Partners/Vendors/ Consultants/System integrators to implement applications
- Author SOP’s, Configuration Specifications and related technical documentation.
DB Architect and Administration:
- DB architect: Design, develop and maintenance of Databases (ERP applications, and non-ERP systems)
QA/ Change Management
- Maintain Documents and Qualification Support: Develop/Maintain SDLC documents, SOPs, User Training Document, GxP documents, IQ evidence
- Change control: Review change control, management of change control execution, documentation.
Primary Interface Points
Works across all Functional, IT areas, project teams and support teams related to IT solution delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems from four-year college or university or significant relevant experience
- 12+ years’ experience in Managing Oracle Database Platforms, System Architecture, Solution design and delivery.
- Good to have: Biotech/Pharma/Life Sciences experience with IT/QA CSV
- Working technical experience with Oracle Products
- Working knowledge of SDLC documents, SOPs, User Training Documents, GxP documents & collecting IQ/OQ/PQ evidences
- Working knowledge AWS IaaS and PaaS solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle technologies and tools such as SOA/WebLogic, OBIEE, Workflow Builder, OID, Hyperion, Essbase, Informatica, Argus, Primavera, Golden Gate, OEM, Endeca, Active Data Guard, Data Guard, Encryption , Advanced Security, RAC, Application Management Suite, Partitioning, DB Vault, Audit Vault, DB Firewalls, SSO, IAM, VMWare and DB Virtualization
- Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes/Oxley and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in Shell, Perl and/or PL/SQL programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.